Level 3 – Parental Risk Factors
This micro skills course will consider the role of clinical staff in identifying factors in parents or carers that increase the risk of child maltreatment. Unborn babies antenatal risk factors, newborn babies with previously identified antenatal factors, any child they are seeing.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Access and appraise information on a child and family relating to parental and postnatal risk factors for abuse;
- Identify how a childs needs are best met and whether they might be a child in need or a child at risk of significant harm;
- Discuss the role of the clinical staff in evaluating and planning the immediate and long-term health needs of the newborn baby, older child or adolescent at risk;
- Develop a plan to promote resilience in a child at risk
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.