Legal and Ethical Issues Embedded in Communication
This micro skills course explores the legal and ethical considerations that you need to take into account when communicating with patients and their families.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the legal and ethical duties of health and social care professionals in communication with patients and families
- Describe the key ethical issues that need to be taken into consideration, e.g. confidentiality and truth telling when communicating within the context of end of life care
- Reflect upon your own practice in relation to legal and ethical issues in communication
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.