Labour and Birth
This micro skills course considers maternal and fetal wellbeing in early labour; exploring the delicate balance of maintaining privacy and comfort for optimal physiological function and providing sufficient support for a safe, satisfying birth experience for the mother and her birth partner.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to discuss:
- The benefits of normal vaginal birth to mother and baby
- Ways in which natural forces and human instincts can be utilised to support safe, satisfying birth healthy mothers and babies
- The benefits of increased maternal satisfaction with birth
- Methods for maintaining safety for mother and baby during the intra-partum period
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.