Laboratory Testing and Pre-operative Imaging
This micro skills course outlines the rationale for selective pre-operative investigations. Suggested tests based on the age and fitness of the patient, combined with the nature and severity of their surgery, are described.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the aims of investigations used in surgical practice;
- Identify the principles underlying the selection of appropriate investigations in surgical practice;
- Recognise the limitations of commonly used investigations in surgical practice;
- Consider appropriate sequences and timings of multiple investigations in surgical practice;
- Identify important principles of consent when undertaking investigations in surgical practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.