IUT: Managing Unexpected Situations and Complications
This micro skills course identifies problems which may arise during insertion of intrauterine contraceptive methods and describes how to manage those situations.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the possible causes of failed insertion of an intrauterine method;
- Describe strategies for overcoming difficulties at intrauterine contraception (IUC) insertion;
- Outline the management of perforation at IUC insertion;
- Explain the management of syncope/bradycardia;
- Describe the management of severe pain immediately after insertion of a correctly positioned IUC
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.