This micro skills course demonstrates how to insert an intrauterine device (IUD), and the intrauterine system (IUS). For consistency we have adopted the FSRH Clinical Effectiveness Unit’s guidance. This guidance may differ from the manufacturer’s summary of product characteristics and patient information leaflet.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what equipment is required for intrauterine contraception (IUC) insertion;
- Describe the fitting of currently used Cu-IUDs and LNG-IUSs
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.