IUT: Facilitating Choice
This micro skills course examines how to facilitate a woman’s choice of intrauterine method through the use of self assessment questions. Three case histories are used to illustrate this.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:;
- Discuss intrauterine contraception as a first choice regardless of parity;
- Assess pregnancy and STI risks associated with fitting an IUD or IUS;
- Enable women to choose between an IUD and an IUS;
- Identify when cultural issues are important;
- Address women’s concerns and beliefs about intrauterine methods
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.