Issues, Presentation and Management in Women and Around Pregnancy
This session describes managing a pregnant woman with FGM, carrying out a reversal and how to document their assessment and treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe each type of FGM;
- Document the assessment and treatment provided to a woman with FGM;
- List the short- and long-term complications of FGM;
- Describe the management of antenatal, perinatal and postnatal issues;
- Describe how to carry out deinfibulation either antenatally, during labour or in a non-pregnant woman
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.