Issues, Presentation and Management in Children and Young Women
This micro skills course looks at the issues of FGM during the early years, childhood and adolescence, including prevention, health promotion, care and support.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe and apply key safeguarding principles relevant to FGM to individual cases and organisational processes;
- Describe the ways that FGM may present in girls;
- Identify the short and long term physical and psychosocial complications of FGM;
- Describe and apply the issue of FGM to a key public health model;
- Explain the referral pathways to specialist services, social care and/or the police for a girl with FGM and her family or carer;
- Explain when and how to use the new national FGM Risk Indication System
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.