Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 (IRR99) and Other Regulations
The micro skills course describes important legislation which impacts on the way ionising radiation is used in healthcare and how it is controlled for the safety of employees and the public.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how the use of radiation in healthcare is managed to comply with legislation and best practice
- Define the key roles of the employer, the radiation protection adviser, the radiation protection supervisor
- Define the responsibilities of the radiation worker
- Explain how controls are applied to areas, people and equipment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.