Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2000 – IR(ME)R 2000
This micro skills course describes important legislation protecting individuals undergoing medical exposures to ensure that, in healthcare, the use of ionising radiation is justified and optimised.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List what constitutes a medical exposure
- Discuss the roles of the referrer, practitioner and operator and their personal responsibilities under the regulations
- Describe the role of the Employer in providing a framework to implement the regulations
- Identify the situations in which an incident is reportable under the regulations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.