Introduction to the Sound Level Meter
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England describes the purpose of a sound level meter and explains its basic uses in the context of audiology. It covers how a meter works, what the controls are and how to use them as well as how to make accurate sound level readings.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Name all the features and controls of a sound level meter and state their use;
- State the basic principles of making sound level measurements in an appropriate way and with sufficient accuracy;
- Read an analogue display correctly
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.