Introduction to Special Educational Needs
This micro skills course gives an overview of the different types of special educational needs and barriers to learning.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the spectrum of general and specific learning difficulties and the complexity of factors that lead to special educational needs;
- Assess how biological, environmental and emotional factors lead to special educational needs;
- Describe the neurodevelopmental risks of low birth weight and prematurity;
- Describe dyslexia and other specific learning impairments including language impairments and relevant medical assessment;
- Assess and manage developmental coordination disorder and dyspraxia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.