Introduction to Sign Language
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will introduce the learner to basic communication tactics which are used when communicating with hearing impaired people.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the different groups of people with acquired and congenital hearing loss and their communication needs;
- Recognise the role of British Sign Language in the Deaf community;
- Demonstrate the ability to recognise some letters in the finger spelling alphabet;
- Identify different types of communication support available to hearing impaired and members of the Deaf community
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.