Introduction to Self-Harm
This micro skills course provides an introduction to self-harm. The micro skills course starts with a knowledge check, followed by information used within the health care setting to gain a better understanding of self-harm among young people.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify common methods of self-harm
- Recognise the most relevant risk factors
- Examine the prevalence among young people
- Explain, in general terms, why adolescents self-harm
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.