Introduction to Psychosocial Management in Dermatology
This micro skills course from the British Association of Dermatologists provides an introduction to psychodermatology. It provides background information on the types of psychosocial issues and forms of distress most commonly experienced by dermatology patients and seen in dermatology practice. It also provides an overview of common forms of mental distress. How to assess for the presence of these will be covered in micro skills course from the British Association of Dermatologists: Psychosocial Assessment in Dermatology Practice.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the categories of distress
- Recognise the psychological impact of skin conditions on patients
- Explain the importance of assessing the psychological impact of skin conditions on patients
- Identify appropriate referral pathways
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.