Introduction to Person Centred Care
This micro skills course will introduce and describe the principles for Person-Centred Care in the NHS. It will review the ethical and legal evidence base supporting Person Centred Care as well as the benefits of key aspects such as Shared Decision Making and Self-Management Support.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define what Person Centred Care is
- Define what Self-Management Support is
- State the ethical and legal principles underlying Person Centred Care
- Outline the supporting evidence base for Person Centred Care
- Recognise the role of the clinician and the patient in a Person Centred conversation
- Have considered own role in relation to person centred care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.