Introduction to Common Symptoms and Help-Seeking
In this micro skills course we will consider the types of symptoms that young people experience, and the choices that they make about where to go for help. Other micro skills courses in the module consider some of the symptoms and conditions in more detail.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List common physical symptoms that young people experience and the frequency with which these occur
- Identify common sources of help to which young people go
- Describe some of the factors that influence symptom perception and presentation
- Recognise that psychological and social factors may be more important than physical illness in the development of physical symptoms in young people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.