Introduction to Clinical Safety and Safety Standards
This micro skills course will introduce the concept of clinical safety and the need for effective clinical risk management in the context of Health IT development, deployment and use. It will also introduce two mandatory NHS safety standards that establish the need to implement and follow a clinical risk management process. It will explain the roles and responsibilities of the Clinical Safety Officer (CSO) and Top Management within an organisation. We suggest that you allow approximately 1 day to complete all 7 e-learning micro skills courses, and the assessment micro skills course. Each micro skills course will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of clinical safety in the context of Health IT<
- Identify the safety standards, understand their scope and purpose in a health and social care context
- Demonstrate how the safety standards support clinical safety in health and social care
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Clinical Safety Officer (CSO) and Top Management within an organisation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.