Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder
This micro skills course focuses on the causes and presentations of autism spectrum disorders and will help you to identify children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the core features of ASD and gain an understanding of the variability in its presentation;
- Describe the epidemiology of ASD and some of the current concepts regarding the neurobiological basis of ASD;
- List the possible causative factors of ASD including genetics and environmental factors;
- Explain the complexity of ASD and co-existing conditions;
- Identify some of the difficulties encountered in diagnosis;
- Describe school-based and tiered multidisciplinary assessment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.