This micro skills course introduces intermittent auscultation and explains the appropriate use of this skill in the intrapartum period and how to perform ‘intelligent intermittent auscultation’. The micro skills course goes on to describe when intermittent auscultation would be used and how enhanced understanding of fetal and maternal physiology in labour informs its execution.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Outline the principles of fetal monitoring for the ‘low risk’ woman in labour;
- Describe how to perform ‘intelligent intermittent auscultation;
- Describe normal fetal heart rate during labour and discuss when transfer to continuous electronic fetal monitoring would be advised
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.