This micro skills course aims to raise awareness of the causes, risk factors and context of unintentional child injury. Understanding both the conceptual and practical approaches to effective unintentional child injury prevention forms an integral part of this micro skills course.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the causes, risk factors and context of childhood injury
- Describe the significance of appropriate risk assessment including the possibility of child abuse or neglect
- Make sound judgements regarding appropriate preventive and health promotion actions that aim to reduce the likelihood of the injury occurring
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.