Initiating Conversations about End of Life Care: COPD
This micro skills course looks at the key features of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), how to recognise where the patient is on the disease trajectory, and how to assess the impact of the disease on the patient and his or her family.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the disease trajectory in end-stage COPD;
- Identify the transition points where discussions about end of life care in COPD are best undertaken;
- Give examples of how the transition in the focus of care might be discussed with the patient and family;
- Recognise how the emotional and physical consequences of end-stage COPD influence communication with patients and families
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.