Initial Assessment of the Burn Patient
This micro skills course describes the steps that should be taken during the initial assessment of patients with major burns. Later sections will identify the life threatening complications that may arise in the early period after a burn has occurred.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the steps taken in an initial assessment of a major burn
- Identify necessary investigations
- Name the potentially life threatening early complications
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.