Infections of the Testis and Epididymis
This micro skills course covers infection within the scrotum and the contribution of imaging to its management. We will look first at epididymitis and then at orchitis. Differential diagnoses are also explored briefly.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and aetiology of epididymitis and orchitis
- Summarise the different presentations of epididymitis and orchitis
- Describe the pathophysiology of epididymitis and orchitis
- Explain the role of imaging in the diagnosis and management of epididymitis and orchitis
- Summarise the role of imaging in evaluating differential diagnoses, especially testicular torsion
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.