Infection Risks Patient Theatre Staff Laminar Flow
This micro skills course explains the principles of infection in the operating theatre, and precautions which are taken to reduce the risks of infection. It outlines the use of laminar air flow to reduce surgical site infections.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the patient groups who may be at risk of infection;
- List the modes of transmission of infection in theatre;
- Identify precautions that may be undertaken in theatre to reduce risk of infection transmission;
- Establish the factors which constitute an antiseptic environment within an operating suite;
- Understand how laminar air flow contributes to reducing infection in the operating theatre
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.