Infection Prevention and Control
This micro skills course covers the statutory and mandatory training for Infection Prevention and Control – Level 1.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List ways that you can contribute to infection prevention and control;
- Identify local policies and procedures for infection prevention and control;
- List your responsibilities to infection prevention and control and standard precautions (including hand hygiene, personal protective equipment (PPE), management of blood and body fluid spillage, management of occupational exposure including sharps, management of the environment and management of care equipment)
- Identify when your personal health and fitness may pose a risk of infection to others at work
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.