Infant Feeding Part 3: Weaning
This micro skills course covers the main aspects of weaning including the timings of introduction to textures, the triggers for weaning and the behavioural aspects of weaning. The micro skills course also includes topics on key nutrients during weaning and vitamin supplementation, as well as weaning the preterm and allergic infant.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Advise on when individual babies should begin weaning
- Describe how to advise parents on the progressional stages of weaning including appropriate foods and the importance of self-feeding
- Explain the specific requirements for weaning preterm infants and infants at high risk of allergy
- List the current recommendations on vitamin A and D supplementation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.