Infant Feeding Part 1: Breastfeeding
This micro skills course aims to provide you with the necessary information to help you enable women to initiate and continue breastfeeding for as long they choose to.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the main health outcomes related to breastfeeding/breast milk feeding vs. formula feeding for mothers and infants;
- Outline current recommendations for infant feeding, including vitamin supplementation;
- Explain the physiology of breastfeeding and how to support mothers in establishing breastfeeding
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.