Indications and Evidence for Proton Beam Therapy
This micro skills course aims to present the clinical rationale for proton beam therapy (PBT), and the evidence for treatment of different types of cancer.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the main rationale for using PBT in children and adults
- Explain, for selected clinical indications, the advantage that would be anticipated from PBT, for example, better local control and/or reduced late effects to specific normal organs, to a level to be able to discuss indications with patients
- Recognise the importance of clinical trials and late effects programs in contributing to the evidence base for PBT
- Recognise and understand the principles which underpin potential future new indications
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.