Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need
This micro skills course will introduce you to the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (IOTN). This is the occlusal index most frequently used in the UK to determine whether a patient would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a treatment priority index
- Describe the hierarchical scale used to apply the Index of Treatment Need Dental Health Component (IOTN DHC)
- List the uses and limitations of the Index of Treatment Need Aesthetic Component (IOTN AC)
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.