Increased Density or Thickening of the Skull Vault or Base
This micro skills course covers artefacts, variants of normal development, and pathological conditions which cause increased density or thickening of the skull vault and base.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the range of conditions which may cause focal or diffuse abnormal density of the skull in childhood
- Identify artefacts and normal variants which may simulate abnormal density of the skull in children
- Recognise abnormal density of the skull in childhood, suggest the most likely diagnoses, and recommend appropriate further investigation
- Recognise plain films which demonstrate typical radiographic findings in a range of conditions associated with abnormal density of the skull in childhood
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.