Improving the Quality and Safety of Care through Health Informatics
This micro skills course will look at some of the ways the health service continuously monitors, improves and assures the quality and safety of patient care. It examines how informatics is an essential tool which supports these processes and how it can be used to improve care.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the principle of evidence-based practice and how this is informed by health research
- Outline the concepts of clinical governance and audit
- Explain how informatics can improve the quality and safety of care
- List some of the potential risks of using information technology in health care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.