Impression Taking and Contraindications
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England outlines the recommended BSA procedure for taking impressions of the ear for the manufacture of hearing aids, earmoulds and ear plugs. By the end of this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England, you will have established the appropriate technique for safe and effective impression taking.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the properties impression material should possess
- Describe the recommended procedure for taking ear impressions
- Identify the different techniques for impression taking
- List the contraindications for impression taking
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.