Importance of Homeostatic Control
Maintenance of homeostasis, the constancy of the internal environment, is essential for the continuation of life. In this micro skills course some fundamental concepts are introduced and the key closely controlled physiological parameters are identified.
What will I learn?
- Discuss the problems associated with an excess or deficiency of thyroid hormones, and how this may manifest in surgical practice
- Describe the causes of hyperparathyroidism
- Explain common causes of excess and underactive hormone production by the adrenal glands
- Classify pituitary gland adenomas, providing common examples and their effects
- Describe the common causes of neurogenic diabetes insipidus
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.