Implant Planning Radiographic Assessment
This micro skills course describes the radiological investigations used in implant planning (including cone-beam computed tomography). In addition, the current selection criteria are summarised.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the radiographic techniques that can be used to assess the alveolar bone prior to implant placement
- Recognise normal anatomical structures on dental radiographs
- Compare the radiation doses associated with each technique
- Outline the selection criteria for cross-sectional imaging
- Use cross-sectional images to classify bone types
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.