Impact of Postnatal Mother and Baby Separation
This micro skills course provides evidence which emphasises the importance of avoiding mother and baby separation in the postnatal period. It provides best practice guidance to healthcare staff on how to support an optimal outcome for both mother and baby by keeping them together.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the short and long-term benefits of keeping mother and baby together
- Explain the importance of the ‘First hour’ after birth
- Evaluate the impact of mother and baby separation
- Identify ways of facilitating togetherness in mother and baby in the postnatal period
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.