Imaging of the Solid Viscera
This micro skills course deals with general radiological principles for the imaging of the solid viscera using computed tomography (CT) of the abdomen and pelvis. Factors affecting the appropriate choice of protocol are also explored.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Prepare and direct the use of CT in the investigation of various pathologies of the liver, pancreas and spleen
- Recognise the importance of oral and intravenous (IV) contrast choice, use and timing
- Identify the correct protocol choice and explain how the use of different preparations can affect the information and outcome of the CT
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.