Imaging of Children with Voiding Dysfunction
This micro skills course covers the neuroanatomy and physiology of the normal bladder and urethra, the causes of voiding dysfunction in children, the radiological investigations involved in the assessment of voiding dysfunction and their interpretation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the normal neuroanatomy and physiology of the bladder
- Recognise and categorise the main groups of abnormalities that lead to disorders of bladder function
- Recommend the main imaging techniques: ultrasound, free urine flow rate study, micturating cystogram with urodynamics, plain radiography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Interpret the findings in the first three imaging techniques
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.