This micro skills course covers neuroanatomy pertinent to the radiology registrar when starting to report CT head examinations. The topics covered should allow pathology that is identified on CT head examinations to be placed in the correct anatomical location so that accurate reports can be written.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the central sulcus and the lobes of the brain
- Name the major cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) spaces of the brain
- Identify the location and components of the basal ganglia
- Identify common normal variants that may be mistaken for pathology
- Describe accurately the location of pathology using knowledge of basic neuroanatomy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.