Imaging Assessment of Cervical Spine Trauma in Adults
This micro skills course discusses cervical spine imaging and the assessment of craniocervical and cervical vertebral alignment. Common injury patterns resulting in cervical spine (C-spine) injury are also described in this micro skills course.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the radiographic, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) anatomy and alignment of the C-spine relevant to trauma
- Identify patterns of injury to the craniocervical junction on CT (cervical vertebrae 0 (C0), C1 and C2)
- Identify patterns of injury to the subaxial cervical spine on CT (C3-C7)
- Explain the role and limitations of various imaging modalities in C-spine trauma assessment
- Show understanding of up-to-date C-spine clearance guidelines
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.