Imaging after Bladder Reconstruction or Diversion
In some cases, the bladder function is so poor that the only way urine expulsion can be maintained is to reconstruct the bladder, either by total diversion or surgical augmentation. In either case, the radiological anatomy will be much altered and this micro skills course describes the various types of reconstructions that may be encountered and their radiological evaluation.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the indications for bladder reconstruction and diversion
- Recommend an appropriate imaging prior to surgery
- Demonstrate understanding of the different types of reconstruction or diversion
- List the possible postoperative complications and suggest the appropriate imaging strategy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.