Image Interpretation – Obstetric Ultrasound: Nuchal Translucency
This micro skills course considers the ultrasound technology required to assess the fetal nuchal translucency, the criteria essential for accurate measurement and the role of nuchal translucency as a screening test for fetal abnormalities, such as trisomy 21, 18 and 13.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the equipment and machine optimisation techniques required to assess the fetal nuchal translucency
- Describe the benefits and limitations of measuring the nuchal translucency as part of combined screening for trisomy 21,18 and 13
- List other common fetal anomalies and syndromes associated with increased nuchal translucency
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.