Image Interpretation – Neurointervention: Subarachnoid Haemorrhage
This micro skills course describes subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) including presentation, diagnosis, causes and treatment options. Also discussed are the common complications relating to both the haemorrhage and the treatment, and expectations for the recovery period.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the incidence of SAH and identify presenting symptoms
- Describe the specific clinical gradings used in SAH
- Describe the location of the haemorrhage
- Explain the need for the different tests carried out to diagnose an aneurysmal SAH
- Identify the treatment options for ruptured aneurysms
- Describe the complications associated with SAH and complication management
- Describe expectations for patients recovery and SAH management pathway steps
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.