Image Interpretation – Neuroimaging: Neurovascular Anatomy
This micro skills course will introduce the basic neurovascular anatomy of the head and neck originating from and ending at the aortic arch, including the arteries and veins. It will also briefly cover the areas of the brain supplied by these vessels.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy of the aortic arch
- Identify and correctly label the carotid and vertebral vessels
- Identify and correctly label the intracranial vessels
- Recognise and identify the neurovascular venous drainage
- Briefly describe the lobes of the brain supplied by the neurovasculature
- Describe some normal variations in neurovascular anatomy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.