Image Interpretation – Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Rheumatology
This micro skills course will cover the ultrasound appearances of the more common inflammatory diseases of the hands and feet. It will include an overview of technique, normal anatomy, common inflammatory pathologies, and common pitfalls. Reporting tips will be offered.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the role of diagnostic ultrasound in inflammatory disease
- Describe the equipment used for high resolution imaging and the equipment settings needed to detect inflammatory disease
- Identify anatomy of the joints most commonly affected by inflammatory arthritis around the hands and feet
- Identify ultrasound appearances of effusion, synovitis, tenosynovitis and erosions
- Review ultrasound images of less common inflammatory diseases
- Describe the limitations and pitfalls of ultrasound imaging in inflammatory disease
- Compare your reporting style with our suggested style
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.