Image Interpretation – Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Neonatal and Paediatric Hip
This micro skills course will cover the technique, anatomy and abnormalities detected by ultrasound scanning for developmental dysplasia and effusion of the neonatal and paediatric hip. Tips on avoiding pitfalls and on report writing will be offered.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy of the neonatal and paediatric hip
- Describe the correct equipment and technique required
- Recognise hips using the Graf classification
- Recognise the differences between the normal and abnormal neonatal hip when scanning for developmental dysplasia
- Recognise the presence of a hip effusion
- Describe the significance of ultrasound findings, the importance of producing high quality images and of ensuring appropriate follow-up
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.