Image Interpretation – Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Guided Steroid Injections
This micro skills course considers the practical technique of ultrasound guided steroid injections. It will include evidence to support guided technique, indications for injection, benefits, exclusion criteria and delivery technique. Tips on reporting will be offered.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the equipment required to perform a guided injection
List indications for guided injections
- Recall the benefits, pitfalls and exclusion criteria of guided steroid injections
Describe principles of delivery technique
- Appreciate the importance of clinical governance as regards guided injections
- Compare your reporting style with our suggested style
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.