Image Interpretation – Men’s Health Ultrasound: TRUS of the Prostate Gland and Biopsy
This micro skills course describes the normal and abnormal sonographic features of the prostate gland, and associated structures. The technique of transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) and prostate biopsy is also illustrated with practical tips.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the technique of TRUS of the prostate gland
- Describe the technique of TRUS guided biopsy of the prostate gland
- Recognise the normal anatomical features of the prostate gland and related structures
- Recognise the sonographic features of common prostate pathologies
- Describe the indications for prostate biopsy
- Compare your report writing style with our suggested style
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.