Image Interpretation – GI and GU: Fluoroscopic Investigations of the Small Intestine
This micro skills course will explore the anatomy of the small intestine and the role of fluoroscopy in relation to other imaging modalities. Tips on equipment use, technique and reporting will be offered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the small intestine
- Describe the indications and contraindications for a barium follow-through examination
- Identify the equipment and technique required for fluoroscopic examination
- State the advantages and disadvantages of the barium follow-through/small bowel meal and enteroclysis/enema investigation methods
- Recognise common small intestine pathologies on fluoroscopic images
- Outline the limitations and pitfalls of fluoroscopic examinations of the small intestine
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.